HeyHeyHey my name's Jodie and I'm 17 and from Scotland. Check out my About Me page for more info on me :)
Glasgow Update! Less than 24 hours after last nights horrible events, this happened today…
Over 100 bags of food have been left in George Square to be donated to food banks, and peace flags have been put up to convey that last nights events are done with and peace has been restored.
People, from both Yes and No sides might have humiliated Scots everywhere and loads of people have been seriously hurt. While we can’t heal those that were hurt, we can celebrate the massive U-turn that the city has taken. THIS is the Glasgow that we know and love. THIS is what should reflect us as a nation!
Spread like wildfire!
dp (via lifeisnotalollipop)
- Over 100 top economists from all over world had calculated that Scotland would in financal turmoil as an independent country.
- Scotland has an ageing population. With the people who are too old to work, too young to work, wont work because of laziness, and can’t work because of disabilites it doesn’t leave that many people who can finance the country.
- Barclays, RBS and Clydesdale bank all said that they would either leave Scotland if it went or independent or decrease their business.
- It was revealed approximately 1 week before the vote that Alex Salmond had lied in regards to the cuts that would be made to the NHS. There was going to be 1 billion pounds worth of cuts if we voted for independence.
- With all the businesses that were leaving Scotland if they voted Yes, we would have lost up to 10 billion pounds.
If you really think that we would have been financially secure as a country if we voted Yes then you are not very well researched. How are we supposed to help the poor and poverty-struck with proof like this that our country would be financially screwed? Don’t get me wrong, there were definite pros to voting Yes…but we also would have been in a rut of financial ruin.
But who cares? As long as we have our pride, huh? We should have voted Yes because “woo Scotland number 1” and “fuck england” right? WRONG. Making such an important descision based on your stupid pride is just disgusting and shameful!
A Yes vote was a vote to make innocent people suffer because of your pride and stubborness. So thank God Scotland got over their dumb pride just in the nick of time.
there are some people that i follow that i’m never unfollowing. like it’s ride or die at this point we’re in this together 4 life